JA-37 Viggen

Hi everyone !!!

I am going to share on of my last year project. It is well known kit ex ESCI boxed by Airfix, 1/48 scale Viggen. In my favourite camouflage. Resins used for build: NeOmega cockpit, Maestro Models; engine, landing gears and wheels, Two Mikes Resin: foreplanes, intakes and vertical stab and rudder. Many details are self made: afterburner, trust reverse, wheel bays. This model needs lots of changes, scratch builds to get a correct shape. Afterburner is very poor and I decided to use F-14A Tomcat afterburner chamber [with small changes inside] because it's similar to Viggen's engine. All parts in engine exhaust and trust reverse are made from aluminium blades based on real Viggen's engine bay elements. Paint: Tamiya, Model Master and Alclad II. Decals Two Bobs for Viggen.

I hope you like it.

Cheers Marek

19252-o.jpg

19273-o.jpg

19272-o.jpg

19265-o.jpg

19266-o.jpg

19258-o.jpg

19260-o.jpg

19261-o.jpg

19254-o.jpg

19255-o.jpg

19268-o.jpg

WIP pictures.......

......Detailing.....

19278-o.jpg

19279-o.jpg

19280-o.jpg

19282-o.jpg

19284-o.jpg

19285-o.jpg

19290-o.jpg

19291-o.jpg

.....Painting......

19298-o.jpg

19299-o.jpg

19300-o.jpg

19302-o.jpg

19303-o.jpg

19301-o.jpg

19305-o.jpg

....and finally effect on my private airfield...

19250-o.jpg

19554-o.jpg

Very nice work, Marek! I know I've already complimented you over on Scalemates, but I feel the need to compliment you again! I built this kit many years ago when it was boxed by ESCI, and it's not the easiest kit to achieve such a nice result!

I love the camoflage, I know how hard it is to do, and you've done a great job. I've been thinking about doing a Viggen in 1:72, but the masking for the camo keeps me from starting such a project. One day!

Cheers,

Bill

Very nice! Fine work to both detail and finish this one so realistically. Always liked the Viggen and it's unique paint scheme so it was a treat to see this.

Supreme effort to make it look that nice!

It probably would have been easier to say which parts of the original kit you used, rather than all that aftermarket and scratch built stuff!

:thumbsup2:

Al

I have that kit in the stash, and it's hard work making it look this good with all these aftermarket sets and scratchbuilding. The complex camouflage is the icing on the cake really, so you've pulled this off beautifully.

Jens