Trumpeter new 1/72 J-20

Robert

Received from Hong Kong yesterday.

It is a lovely kit. The panel lines are very petite and sharp and well executed. Not sure how much information was passed to Trumpeter but it certainly looks the part. I have done a size comparason with the Revell F-22 so you can see it is a bit larger. There are no parts for the weapons bay which is to be expected as no photos have been shown with the weapons bay open yet. I suppose Trumpeter does not want to give out any secrets even if they did have the info. As you can see there are two sprues of the same but in different colours which is a bonus as I assume most modellers would only use one. There is also one sprue in white which is mainly for the undercarriage gear and doors.

The canopy is in protective paper which I have not opened yet and also there is a small etch, not coloured, for aerials and seatbelts. The decal sheet is for the prototype and is well printed and in register with decals for the cockpit even though there is raised details there already.

On with the pictures

DSC_3184small.jpg

DSC_3185.jpg

DSC_3185part.jpg

DSC_3186.jpg

DSC_3189.jpg

DSC_3193.jpg

DSC_3197.jpg

DSC_3201.jpg

DSC_3202.jpg

A very fine kit from Trumpeter. Lots of What if possibilties, wonder what it looks like in grey :hmmm:

If anyone wants more picture let me know.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
That's alot of panel lines for a "wanna-be" stealth aircraft :D

Looks nice but too bad about the Weps bay.

Mike V

Come on ... both the F-22 and F-35 have a lot more panel lines than this one and no-one has any daubts that both are "stealthy".

Besides that I agree with You about the missing weapons bays and especialyl the missing brake on the back-spine ! :(

Deino

Besides that I agree with You about the missing weapons bays and especialyl the missing brake on the back-spine

They've at least indicated the weapons bays and airbrake outlines, so unless you wanted to build it with those open it won't be an issue. I'm still waiting for a review of the kit comparing it with photos of the real aircraft before I make a purchase.

thinks it will look good next to a Su-50 and a F-22.

Indeed, but what's a Su-50? Do you mean the Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA?

• 4 weeks later...