Austerity Fighter

When I heard the USAF were remanufacturing some Texans they reclaimed from Davis-Monthan as part of an Austerity plan to

bolster homeland security (given the loss of funding for F-22\F-35) then I had to build one in small scale. I gather they are

reinforcing the wing with carbon fibre to ensure that a launching missile does not damage the plane.

Kit is Heller 1/72 with sidewinders, launch rails, seat, pilot and decals reclaimed from a part built Hasegawa F-16 I found in the loft.

Painted with Lifecolor US low-viz greys, base is plastic coffee jar lid with brass rod in drilled hole and then lid weighted with polyfiller

Spinning prop is Photoshop as I couldn't get blown prop to show any motion blur in pics

tIMG_2573.JPG

tIMG_2577.JPG

tIMG_2578.JPG

tIMG_2579.JPG

tIMG_2581.JPG

tIMG_2586.JPG

Edited by cjhm

Maybe the FAA could consider buying these to fly from the refurbished HMS Victory, currently being striped of it's masts and cannon to fulfill the future aircraft carrier role?

Splendid idea ! I'll have some Sea Eagles left over from the Harrier FA2 I'm doing at the moment and I have another Texan kit ....