Airfix 72nd scale Mossie

Honeybee

Hi

Last week I stuck the nacelles together on this kit. They were on the sprues as left right left right halves across. I assumed that the left and right halves next to each other were for the same engine. Imagine my surprise when I discovered I'd glued the left starboard half to the right port half and vice versa. Can someone who has the kit have a look and see if I'm right. The sprues have no numbers on for these parts. If what happened is what I think happened then Airfix are ***** and if not then I'm a **** of bigger proportions,

Regards

Paul

Hi

Last week I stuck the nacelles together on this kit. They were on the sprues as left right left right halves across. I assumed that the left and right halves next to each other were for the same engine. Imagine my surprise when I discovered I'd glued the left starboard half to the right port half and vice versa. Can someone who has the kit have a look and see if I'm right. The sprues have no numbers on for these parts. If what happened is what I think happened then Airfix are ***** and if not then I'm a **** of bigger proportions,

Regards

Paul

I did that when I was 12 on my first Airfix Mossie (the really old one, with EG-T codes). Hey, it still went together even if it did look a bit odd.

Yes, Airfix could have designed the parts layout a bit more intelligently, and yes, I still feel embarrassed about the mistake

• 1 year later...

Lol! Did that too on my first Airfix Mossie - my third ever kit when I was 6! Thankfully, tube glue could be pulled apart before it set!

I still remember assembling the original Airfix Mosquito at around the same age and sticking the nacelles on top of the wings....... :banghead:

It would be nice to be able to say that I always read the instructions properly these days but it wouldn't be entirely true.

I stuck the wrong nacelles together on my latest Mossie, having got the previous ones right! Fortunately I spotted it soon enough, as I was trial fitting them to the wing and wondering why it was proving so difficult. I hadn't had this problem before, had the moulds worn? No......