Hawker Hunter P1083

Here are pictures of my latest. It is the Freight Dog conversion and the Revell Hunter finished in 111 Sqdn which may have used it at the Farnborough SBAC displays.

P10831.jpg

P10832.jpg

P10833.jpg

P10834.jpg

The conversion is very easy to use and would make a great start for those who has never used resin conversion kits before. FGA9 Hunter to show the difference in the wing plan form.

Thanks

Robert

• Like 1

Nice build! And it makes me wonder, can those wings be used to make a swedish Hunter..? Can't remember what Mk the swedish Hunters were, but they were quite early and had the unbroken leading edge...

Edit: Forgot to ask what scale?

Edited by Dragon knight

Nice build! And it makes me wonder, can those wings be used to make a swedish Hunter..? Can't remember what Mk the swedish Hunters were, but they were quite early and had the unbroken leading edge...

For early Hunters you need a standard Hunter wing but without the dogtooth in the leading edge. Plus a smaller jetpipe. Aeroclub have just issued a very reasonably priced conversion set with both.

Nick

In the middle of building a P1083, however, my pension does not stretch to these fancy resin bits, and so I am using the 'old' 1/72 Airfix FGA9 Hunter, I cut the wings off to get the 52 degree sweep, removed the dogtooth, and re-worked the rear fusilage to get rid of the para housing. Not sure what finish to give it, I was going to go with the sky, but having seen Roberts very nice scheme, I am undecided. Will never get shown at the Nationals, but I build my models for pleasure and relaxation.

Robin.

For early Hunters you need a standard Hunter wing but without the dogtooth in the leading edge. Plus a smaller jetpipe. Aeroclub have just issued a very reasonably priced conversion set with both.

Nick

Thanks for this information!

(I also found another solution, just build one of the ex swiss Hunters that fly in Sweden as veterans today...)

It's nice.

Robin, if you've a PM Horten 229 then have a play with the wings as they're ideal for conversion to P.1083. Couple of the lads in the What If Sig did a 1083 that way. As for a scheme, then what about the RAF Germany squadrons with the PRU Blue undersides?