New AMX from Italeri in 1/72 scale

RAGATIGER

It's sad that Italeri won't put out for a decent kit of an Italian domestic product like the AMX.

Given how long some of the resin AMX kits have been out there and selling, you can't tell me there isn't a market for a proper injection molded kit.

One of a glorious series of jigsaw puzzles with which Italeri has made modellers all around the world happy !

You guys have no idea how many jokes have been made on these products in the Italian modelling community....

There have been 1/72 AMX kits by Aeroclub, PD Model, Warrior Cunardmodels and maybe a couple of others.

Once in a while someone mentions that the AMX is in Italeri's "next year news", but that next year seem to be yet to come. Me, I'm not holding any breath. And I can't blame Italeri: the AMX is a very interesting subject... for a minority of modellers. I'm not sure it would sell well enough to justify a standard mould.

Different story with short run plastic, but again I've heard plenty of talks (including the usual people who knows a model is due soon from xyz) but have seen no fact yet.

P.S.: the snap-.together kit is in 1/100 scale IIRC. Had it been 1/72, it could have been a starting point for something

I think nows the time to re-release it John, just like the shackleton conversion, they are very sought after.

I agree! If Italeri are going to pass the opportunity by (and surely by now it seems they have), it would be great to have the Aeroclub AMX available again