1/72 Revell Gannet in British colors

Hello friends

This was not a easy kit to build, there is lots of details in the cockpit but nothing compared with a nice colored p.e.!

The engraved panels lines are excellent in some parts but not so good in others, (if you look to the wings and fuselage parts you will see that they are not engraved with the same quality) it was used some filler (more than i was expecting) but in the end we can build a kit with a very good quality.

If you have any question, please fell free to ask.

IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_5989.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6019.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

more to follow...

Just seen the finished article in RFI - it is stunning!

Seeing it come togerth is a rela treat - thanks for sharing

Can I ask a question? The picture showing you apply the PE seat belts shows the PE stuck on the end of a toothpick - what with???

Hello friends

I choose this pictures because they show the most complicated problems that i have to deal with, as you can see some putting is going to be needed when you build yours, as someone said before, this is not an ugly aircraft well, not anymore :-)

cheers

Vitor Costa

Hi Vitor,

Nice WIP - I like the trick with the MiG powders, I hadn't seen that before. Scrolling through the photos I had this strong sense of deja vu...like I'd experienced this before!

Cheers,

Bill

Just seen the finished article in RFI - it is stunning!

Seeing it come togerth is a rela treat - thanks for sharing

Can I ask a question? The picture showing you apply the PE seat belts shows the PE stuck on the end of a toothpick - what with???

Hi NickR

Thank you, yes you may, all that is needed is to wet the toothpick :-) if you use white glue (wood glue) it will be easier and it would be better for large parts them you only have to clean it with (that thing that have cotton on the extremities and its used to clean our ears) ;-)

Hi Vitor,

Nice WIP - I like the trick with the MiG powders, I hadn't seen that before. Scrolling through the photos I had this strong sense of deja vu...like I'd experienced this before!

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Bill, thank you, always learning :-)

Yes im sure that there is some deja vu senses here sometimes happen to me too :-)

love this one have a soft spot for this a/c

regards Glenn.....

Hi Glenn, thank you we are two already :-)

great model I never had a fit problem with the wing roots, but getting the cockpit to sit was tricky

Hi grahamwalker, strange! I had to cut that little bit of plastic in both wings, the cockpit was not easy too, even because i used the p.e. set but in the end these are things that happen in almost every kit that we build.

Thanks for the WIP, now I know what to look out for when I do mine.

Hi Duncan, great, im glad if this can be useful for who is going to build it.

Thank you all

Best regards

Vitor Costa