Hobbyboss Eurofighter Typhoon

Dave T

Following on from This Thread, i just took delivery of a 'quantity' of the new H'Boss Typhoons. The price really is £9.99 a pop, and i got mine from Creative Models whom i highly recommend, next day delivery as standard and overs over fifty quid sent free...!!!

First look photo's below. The main wing & main sprue are common to both versions, but the 2-seater naturally gets a different fuselage and associated parts for it, plus of course different decals.

Enjoy..........

Tiffiearrival001.jpg

Tiffiearrival002.jpg

Tiffiearrival003.jpg

Tiffiearrival005.jpg

Tiffiearrival004.jpg

Tiffiearrival006.jpg

Tiffiearrival007.jpg

Tiffiearrival008.jpg

Tiffiearrival009.jpg

Tiffiearrival010.jpg

Tiffiearrival011.jpg

Edited by Dave T

and i got mine from Creative Models whom i highly recommend, next day delivery as standard and overs over fifty quid sent free...!!!

They're doing retail now??!! Last time I checked the website and it was some months ago, they were only distributing and you couldn't buy without opening a trade account... good news :speak_cool:

Thanks for the pics Dave.

To be honest,I'm not impresssed by what's shown.The Revell offering looks much better in quality & I've one (Revell) on the bench at the moment.

In the Hobbyboss one's the seats look like those from the old Italeria? kit & the exhaust's too shalow.

Just my opinion.

Merv

One thing I see is that the foreplanes are molded as intergral parts of the lower front fuselage which will necessitate a bit of work for those wishing to display them canted as they usually are when the a/c is at rest. Probably an easy fix though. Just wish Revell would get around to the two seater in 1/48!

Well here's a funny thing....

I just went to order more from Creative Models, and they've sold out. Two thousand units sold within 4 days !!!

There next boat load is slated to arrive beginning November but strangely no one else (Hannants, eBay vendors etc..) has them listed. I bought 5, so who here had the other 1,995 eh ? :fight:

Edited by Dave T

Is it not possible that if Creative Models are trade wholesalers/distributors that they've sold them all to traders?

peebeep

Aha... peebeep's misinformation campaign.... so you had the other 1,995 :rofl:

Actually as i stated earlier, they now sell to Joe Public, but hey, ask them yourself.

UK Importers, wholesalers and distributors of plastic model kits

From the top of their front page, so even if they sell to Joe public one would think this is their main business. I would expect Hannant's to have these kits on their web pages for Friday's update, if not before.

peebeep

Thanks for the posts guys, I shall bag one of these kits out of curiosity value but I'm kinda lukewarm about the price - on the one hand it looks like a good kit for the newcomer, offering a fast build, so that's a good thing, but being more expensive than the Revell offering and with less stores and decal options, its a bit of an oddity. Had this been £5.99 it might have made a bit more sense, but £9.99? :shrug:

Thanks for the posts guys, I shall bag one of these kits out of curiosity value but I'm kinda lukewarm about the price - on the one hand it looks like a good kit for the newcomer, offering a fast build, so that's a good thing, but being more expensive than the Revell offering and with less stores and decal options, its a bit of an oddity. Had this been £5.99 it might have made a bit more sense, but £9.99? :shrug:

Yep.

Dave, will you be building this soon? Interested to see how it will go together.

Transport Models in Preston has the single and two seater Typhoon kits at £4 each!

I relieved them of one of each quicker than you can say "Here's my 8 quid take it"!

Might be a mistake on their part, but I'll check again next time I'm in. Bargain if it's not though!

The new 1/72 2 seater Mig 15's (£4) Mil-8's (£10) Mil-24's (£10) and F-16 A/B's (£10) are in now too.

Cheers,

Rob M.

ps. The paint chart for the single seater is pants! It suggests overall Light Aircraft Grey for the RAF machine and Barley Grey for the Luftwaffe jet. Incidentally, ZJ913 carries the tailcode AC, not AA. Check those references folks.

Edited by Rob M.

Transport Models in Preston has the single and two seater Typhoon kits at £4 each!

I relieved them of one of each quicker than you can say "Here's my 8 quid take it"!

Might be a mistake on their part, but I'll check again next time I'm in. Bargain if it's not though!

The new 1/72 Mig 15's (£4) Mil-8's (£10) Mil-24's (£12) and F-16 A/B's (£10) are in now too.

Cheers,

Rob M.

ps. The paint chart for the single seater is pants! It suggests overall Light Aircraft Grey for the RAF machine and Barley Grey for the Luftwaffe jet. Check those references folks.

Well go back tomorrow and get us a pair :whip:

Sort you out at club nite

Cheers

Geoff

Hey Geoff, could you pick us up a 2-seater please? We can do the cash/styrene exchange @ Telford

Cheers.

Sorry Nev but i'm not going to Preston for the next couple of weeks, so not sure if any will still be there once Rob lets the news out at Warton abo :confused: ut them.....

Geoff

Sorry Geoff

Went in to Transport today on your behalf and they have some Typhoons - for a tenner!

That makes it more expensive than the 1/72 Revell offering (£9.99) - which is a bit daft!

Guess I did get a bargain after all!

Cheers,

Rob

Hi folks,

Just to let you know at the Duxford Airshow yesterday one shop was flogging single and two seaters @ 3 for a £10 at Duxford where as others shops were selling them for £9 odd a piece.

Not sure if the pricing was wrong or will the price come down in other shops!

Cheers

George.

At Duxford yesterday, Hannats were selling them for a tenner, whereas I spotted loads in Mr Models and a couple of other shops for £3.99. Was tempted by one but passed in the end, though at 4 quid I'm not sure why :hmmm:

Just to let you know at the Duxford Airshow yesterday one shop was flogging single and two seaters @ 3 for a £10 at Duxford where as others shops were selling them for £9 odd a piece.

Guess we know where the 'other 1,995' went!

Cheers,

ROb M.