MiG-21MF Djibouti (shark mouth)

Gekko_1

djibouti.jpg

OK guys here we are one and a half hours into the build.

1.jpg

I've glued the fuselage front and rear ends first as opposed to the kit instructions which, as I've read, cause major headaches later on!

2.jpg

The resin bits you can see are from the CMK set, I'll only be using the cockpit parts from the set though.

Cheers

Richard.

Ow do Richard,

:sorry: I missed this one the other day, well lets just say I like the profile and Im looking forwards to seeing this one finished :yahoo:

Bex

No need to be sorry Bex? All is good.

I'm very much looking forward to the challenge this kit will throw at me. I'm sure we will all learn a lot along the way.

Cheers

Richard.

Too bad the Finn Fishbed lost out. But his one will look pretty rakish with that shark mouth.

Managed to do a tiny little bit more on the MiG today. Just sanding down and re scribing the drop tanks and rocket pods as I intend finishing these off first, that way I've got something done to completion stage to help motivate me to get the rest done too, plus I want to test the camo colours out on the drop tank before I get to the airframe. Three of the rocket pods will be natural metal and one will be camo'd.

I also washed all of the parts in detergent too.

Cheers

Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little bit more done on the rocket pods and wheels today, but with a five year old and a two year old in the model room not a lot got done! :violin::wall:

Something that I was wondering about today was whether or not the Djibouti scheme only got picked because of the sharkmouth alone? Anyway, as the Israeli jet got the most votes in the Britmodeller poll I wondered what it would look like with the Djibouti sharkmouth on it, so produced this...........

Israel2mod.jpg

What do we think? Should I do this version instead?

Cheers

Richard.