L-39 Thunderbirds

Osher

It's real for definite and belongs to HB Aviation in California, regisration is N110HB. Linky http://www.l39jets.com/page2.html

Link includes cockpit photos.

HTH

Paul Harrison

If I remember the kopro box art correctly it's the Mach1 Aviation one that Mandrake posted.

Paul Harrison

Looking at the box art for the kit, I don't think it actually replicates either of those machines. The L-39 that Paul linked has really different tail markings and aircraft pictured above has the blue section around the canopy, which the kit doesn't have.

Looking at the box art for the kit, I don't think it actually replicates either of those machines. The L-39 that Paul linked has really different tail markings and aircraft pictured above has the blue section around the canopy, which the kit doesn't have.

KP boxart & decals:

2603111.jpg

3111.jpg

Has the tail similar of the mach1aviation example but "United States Air Force" rather than "US Air Force".

Edited by Mandrake

Here's a link to the one in the Kopro box art. http://www.warbirdregistry.org/jetregistry...l39-n602mc.html

Was operated by MAC Flightlease Inc, unfortunately destroyed in 2001.

Paul Harrison

Id just like to see a decent L-39 in 1/48

Agreed, the MPM one has potential but a fair bit of work is required to get the best from it.

I wish Eduard would upscale their 1/72 L-39 to 1/48. I also wish they'd tool a 1/72 L-159 ALCA out of them, but thats another thread completely.

I can't remember where I saw it but I'm pretty sure one of the Czech companies is doing a 1/72nd L159. I'll have a look around to see if I can find it.

Paul Harrison

edit: I found it but it's sold out. It was a resin kit by Legato.

Edited by GreenDragon

I can't remember where I saw it but I'm pretty sure one of the Czech companies is doing a 1/72nd L159. I'll have a look around to see if I can find it.

Paul Harrison

edit: I found it but it's sold out. It was a resin kit by Legato.

Yep, and it was a so-so rendition of a prototype not a production version. I'm not even sure I'd bother tracking one down to convert an Eduard L-39 over to an L-159.