Aoshima Delorean BTTF 2 1/24

At the end of January I asked if anyone could help me locate a Delorean model from the "Back to the Future" movies as I needed to build one for a 65th birthday early March, as usual on her people always try & help & I got one from Stu. Davros, many thanks again, Stuart.

Anyway I finished her a week before the event (pure miracle I know!) and she was duly despatched & (tearfully) accepted........(and I thought Id done a reasonable job).

Good fun build of a decent old kit, built from the box with the exception of the removal of the molded wiring on the body work & the addition of some internal wiring & the all important "sports almanac".

Back the Lotus 49 now!

See ya soon Mac

DELMAIN.jpg

DELSIDE.jpg

DELREAROS.jpg

DELINT.jpg

DELTOP.jpg

DELREAR.jpg

• Like 3

love it, very realistic finish. what paint did you use for the stainless effect?

Cheers Marc, its just a Halford's rattle can, Ford machine silver. I needed a tough finish I could work quickly with. I used to work on a Delorean and the stainless finish is a not as bright as some may think, I think it depends on the light, so this was the best I could get a short notice.

Cheers all, for your kind comments, Mac

• 2 weeks later...

Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

Great build

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice build, great idea to replace the moulded wiring, really brings the detail out.

Best Regards,

Paul

• 4 years later...